Back in India we have a house. It's not huge, it doesn't have a central courtyard, and doesn't have a big garden. The longest I've stayed there at a stretch is 4 months. I have had many bitter memories, and few happy moments there.
There's a room right at the front, where i spent many hours studying... not the kind of studying I was expected to do. You see, the room had a large window from where I could see the whole of his house. Omar lived in the room upstairs. Enough said about my first crush earlier...
The house is a G+1 structure. On level one, there's a room right above the one mentioned. It's barely a bedroom now, with unused tubelights, big metal trunks of letters, mosquito nets, and alot of other stuff. I want that room.
When, if, I settle in India, that room is mine.
And it will be the way I wanted it in 8th grade.
It'll be painted midnight blue. Tiny sparkly silver circles on the ceiling. I'll have a huge DNA helix painted on the left wall. A windchime by the bay window. Light breezy white curtains. It will remain cluttered. Neatness makes me feel less free.
As a student of what I study, I don't seem to follow the rules. I am more of me than that anyway.
No comments:
Post a Comment