Salve people!
Have you ever had an experience when u think someone around you doesn't know some language, for eg. English, and after going on and on in English, saying things that you could have...no, should have avoided even when speaking in Italian, you realise English knowledge is more widespread than you thought?Well if you have.. then join the club!
When my brother brought an umbrella to my sewing class where I was working hard (atleast that's what everyone thinks, only I know I visit alice's wonderland in that 2 hour period!! )and I told him "I-can't-carry-it-all-the-way-I'll-call-u-before-coming-home-so-that-you-can-hold-it-for-me" as fast as I could, hoping that none of the 5 people in my sewing class would understand what kind of a lazy person I am. But welllll...I kind of became the laughing stock for the next two minutes...
The incident that happened today was not very funny, wait what did i say? It was not funny at all, but it reminded me of another super- duper- ultra-CHUMMIFYING incident, and well, others' embarrassing situations are always funny for the uninvolved...
So it was a hot and humid Wednesday evening, towards the end of June. Walking up and down the road, lined with hundreds of shops on either side helped the heat go unnoticed. Window shopping..ah! Simply love it!
So we decide to get into this bookstore (name withheld to avoid embarrassment), and thinking that the bookstore-keeper (?) was a Saudi, I began talking to my mom in Tamil, and I wasn't even trying to keep my voice low. There was no one else in the bookstore, only my mom, the keeper (?), and I. I was talking to my mom " what a dumb bookstore, they don't even have good greeting cards" and " the files are so dusty" and " This guy looks like a ******(censored), I guess he'll kill us if we leave without buying anything" and finally " I don't think we'll get good gift wrapping paper here, let's not waste time"...and then I hear a male voice saying " We have some new ones on that side" in Tamil.
At that instant I wished the earth would open up, with huge, flaring, leaping flames that would instantly swallow me.
Unfortunately, that did not happen.
But I did keep my mouth shut everytime I went to that shop again, which was more than a few times...
arrivederci then!
P.S: Greetings were in Italian, tnks to ~this site~ .
1 comment:
lol ur even lazier than i am.. how can u let ur poor brother hold the umbrealla for u sheesh..
Post a Comment