Saturday, November 10, 2007

A Day M0re- to Grow Up??!?

My last day as a 17 year old.
Sounds weird… I m no longer going to be a 17 yr old. I am goin to be 18. eighteen. EIGHTEEN! That’s a BIG jump. I am too young to be eighteen. Oh My God that number is huge and haunting. Hey- wait, wait- huge doesn’t always have to be haunting…I can’t scare and insult myself at the same time…
Thank God people don’t (don’t they?) expect you to wake up one fine morning and expect you to turn all responsible and adult-like (adults are responsible, right?). Atleast people around here don’t care… I doubt they even know my birthday is 2 days away. No, by the time I post this, it’ll be less than 48 hours away. A couple of my friends in college know, though… for some reason I am not looking forward to my birthday. Oh cut the crap, I hate birthdays. I don’t know why but that one day one is supposed to feel special, and I feel anything and everything but special.
When mom called me last night, she asked me if I wanted anything for my birthday. Without a second thought I asked my mom for a thousand bucks. She was like “enough?” And I replied I wouldn’t mind around 2000 either. Lol.


Tongue tied?
I am very comfortable around guys.
I can play with priyank’s hair. I can high- five apurv. I have the nerve to get out of college in feroz’s car. I can flirt with aamir. I can gossip with jithin.
But hell, I cant even look into your eyes. No, I can’t even act indifferent when I know you could be somewhere in the vicinity. My courage level goes down, touches the ground, and shrinks to invisibility. Which I don’t enjoy much, FYI. I just wish you wouldn’t do this to me. The “actual” problem is… I don’t even know if you know that you do this to me…well you are supposed to know… I guess I just have to wait...and wait… and…wait longer…

My birthday wishlist: An invisible covering around him, so that no girl gets near him… now that’s creative- mr. ashok- your design classes are working!!!!
;) ;)

No comments: