Wednesday, July 16, 2008

B for...

boredom.
My last post was about a very perfect day. Do you know what I don't appreciate about seemingly-perfect-days-that-you-wish-would-never-end?
The fact that they are followed by normal days, that aren't so perfect.
Funny how you can gaze at rain forever...
*sigh* now its sunny n clear, and m bored.
Once the second month of the second semester started (March- the month- to be precise), work began to get hectic; crazy assignments were alloted... right from making one-inch-tall chairs out of foamboard and having to cut out SIX HUNDRED 2cmx 2cm perfect squares out of chart paper and paint each pair a different shade of 3 different colours, to bending sumone's vegetable peeler in an attempt to dig through a 30cmx 30cm compressed thermocole cube, and realising how sharp it is after digging through my thumb and trying not to make a big deal of how I couldn't type fr almost a week after that... somehow we, my classmates and I, survived.
Most of our assignments involved practical work so we could always watch movies or listen to music while breaking our backs; it helped ME to keep my mind away from wondering whether or not I should consider re-checking how many vertebral discs I had; cuz owing to the pain, I began feeling I have many more than just seven.
And then it all got over, one by one, we counted the hours down on the last week of exams. The day the exam got over, foosball and icecream were given the attention that they were deprived off for 2 weeks. For a week, it felt funny having nothing to do. After that, I enjoyed getting bored. Today, I am exceptionally bored.
Today, Tassu was having the time of her life though. When asked to give me company, she gave me her Tamil literature book and asked me to read the most-complicated-tongue-twisting-and-tying-to-a-knot Tamil poetry aloud. It was a little fun. and I actually felt better drying clothes today. Sheesh, my life's now down to this.
I still haven't gotten to the point where I unpack my carton of clothes that I should've opened up to the world when I reached here, which is 12 days ago ( just 12 days over??!), and I would never get to the point where I'd rather go back and cut thermocole or mountboard, but yeah... I fear that I might be getting close to that junction.
God forbid.

1 comment:

Capsicum said...

Life is not static hifi. U hv 2 face everything. Don't worry oh hvin 2 face assignments like u said d junction is not far away